Federal Government

Printer-friendly versionSend by email

The federal government provides major resources for both internal and external research. CMHC has an annual internal research program that is carried out largely on a contract basis, and an external research program that provides grants on a competitive basis to applicants. HRSDC also funds research projects on homelessness through a competitive process. Health Canada carries out, in partnership with various organizations, research on the quality of indoor environments and their effects on health. The National Research CouncilInfrastructure Canada and other NHRC members also provide research resources. The federally funded Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council is a major sponsor of collaborative research, including housing-related research.

© 2016 - National Housing Research Committee (NHRC)