Government Entities

Printer-friendly versionSend by email

The federal government is both a user and sponsor of research but also has direct research capacity through a number of departments and agencies:

Provincial and territorial governments are also involved in housing and related research to varying degrees. Quebec, for example, has a significant research focus within the SHQ (Societé d’habitation du Québec). Ontario has begun to devote more resources to research and has established a website for its research publications. Information on housing research activities for each province and territory can be found at the following links:

Some municipal governments or municipal housing corporations (e.g. Toronto Community HousingCity of MontrealCity of VancouverCity of Ottawa undertake research. Their research is often related to analysis of housing needs and the development of municipal Housing Statements or evaluation of existing policies and programs.

© 2016 - National Housing Research Committee (NHRC)