School of Architecture
Faculty of Architecture and Planning, Dalhousie University
To educate students who plan to become professional architects. The central activity is architectural design. Students examine historical and contemporary buildings in Canada and abroad, and respond through the design of new architectural projects.
There is also a School of Planning in the Faculty.
Some faculty members have research grants from SSHRC, CFI, and Canada Council
The curriculum has five streams:
1. Design: building design, urban design
2. Representation: drawing, modeling, computer applications
3. Humanities: history, theory, research, criticism
4. Technology: construction, structure, environmental systems
5. Professional practice: professional responsibility, office management, co-op work terms
Free Labs (design-build), exchange program (Portugal)
Bachelor of Environmental Design Studies
Master of Architecture
BEDS + MArch = accredited professional degree
Information sur les personnes-ressources