UBC Centre for Urban Economics and Real Estate
Sauder School of Business, University of British Columbia
The goal is to promote academic research and teaching in real estate and urban economics at the Sauder School of Business. The Centre's objective is to foster the integration between teaching, research and the professional real estate community in BC and Canada.
Real Estate Foundation of British Columbia
Urban, housing, and real estate economics
Summer international symposia, professional roundtables, student competitions, internships in real estate and a data website on Canadian metropolitan area real estate markets.
- Thomas Davidoff, Assistant Professor (housing, aging, insurance and mortgage)
- Stan Hamilton, Professor Emeritus (real estate investment and valuation, pension fund investments and management)
- Robert Helsley, Professor and Dean (urban and public economics, agglomeration, developers and city formation, land pricing, private government, urban political economics)
- Lawrence Jones, Professor Emeritus
- Sanghoon Lee, Assistant Professor (urban economics, real estate economics, public and labour economics)
- Nathan Schiff, Assistant Professor (urban economics, industrial organization and public economics)
- Tsur Somerville, Associate Professor (housing markets, real estate development, real estate finance, affordable housing, economics of cities)
Specialization in urban land economics, real estate for the undergraduate, MBA, and PhD levels.
Information sur les personnes-ressources
Jessie Lam, Manager, Research Support Services and Special Projects